Monday, April 29, 2013

A Day in the Life

This is it!  My first blog.  I have been reading blogs for a little over a year now and have decided to take the plunge....or maybe just stick my toes in the water, because I really have no idea of what I am doing.  It all starts with the first step....today.

I have been an avid reader all my life and share that passion with my students.  That's the easy part.  Writing on the other hand, is much more of a challenge.  When I was younger, I loved writing and I still do, but I just don't do it as often as I would like.  Maybe it is a fear of rejection or no one reading it.  I feel putting my writing out there is like exposing myself with only my fear to cover me up.

Hopefully this blog will become my place of freedom, a place for reflection of who I am, what I do and who I want to become.  It's my place...a day in my life...a day in the life of a teacher, a reader, and a writer.

Here goes....!


2 comments:

  1. All journeys start with that first step. Welcome to the blog world. You will discover your words and stories matter, even if you think no one reads them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leigh Anne! You visited my blog the day after writing your first blog entry! I just now read your comment because I had stopped writing in mine for over a year :-( I am back at it and, after reading your comment from almost a year ago, I perused your blog. Wow! You have really found your niche! I'm so happy to see that you stuck with blog writing and have developed such a rich, wonderful blog :-) I look forward to visiting again, soon. Regards, Renae

    ReplyDelete