Each week Ruth Ayres extends an invitation to share and celebrate events, big or small, from our week.
Have you ever one of those weeks where everything just seemed to fall into place and go better than expected? That has been my week. Many celebrations!
1. We started a research unit and I taught new lessons for the first time. They just flowed perfectly, the students were engaged, and we are ready to research.
2. I wrote my 300th post this week. When I began blogging back in the summer of 2013, I had no idea where it would take me and how it would change me. Thank you to all of my writing community for sticking with me and encouraging me. A special thank you to Ruth who inspires me to be a better writer.
3. Every day I get to share my love of reading and writing to 100 students and be around people who just make me laugh. I end my day grateful that I am able to wake up and do it all again the next day.
4. I have another life turn coming my way in the next couple of weeks. It was actually more of a detour, but sometimes it is on those detours when we realize just how lucky we are.
5. Next Saturday I will be presenting at Indiana State University's Educator's Day along with two other teachers in my district. This is my first opportunity to work with these two amazing teachers, and it has been a wonderful experience to get to know them and to realize how like-minded we are. I hope to share more about "Leaving a Reading Legacy in a Culture of Testing" soon.
Have a great week and may you find many celebrations
along the way!