Thursday, December 27, 2018

#MustReadin2018 Wrap-Up


Several years ago Carrie Gelson of There's a Book for That started the "Must Read Challenge" which is way for book lovers to create and share their reading list that they didn't get to that year.  I have "participated" the last five years.  And I use the word participated very loosely.  I always made a list, but each year that list became shorter and shorter, in hopes that I would have more success.  

Last year I narrowed my list to eight titles - two for each quarter of the year.  

I read six of them, and I'm currently reading the 7th.  This is quite an accomplishment because my reading life was put on hold while I worked on my Master's degree.  I had to learn how to give myself some grace along the way.

The books I read from my Must Read in 2018 were:





My favorite out of all of these was Scythe by Neal Shusterman.  After I read it and book talked it, I had to buy multiple copies to keep up with the demand in my classroom.  I have Thunderhead, the next one in the series, and Dry, his newest book in my TBR stack.  Look for those in my Must Read in 2019 list in a couple of days!

Making a reading plan is something I teach my students to do because having a plan sets the tone that reading is important. And this is the reason why I make this list every year with "Carrie & Company", and I look forward to making a new list for 2019!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you always participate Leigh Anne! I have read 6 of your 8 titles here and really enjoyed them all. Scythe is one I haven't read but sounds like I should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to read Scythe, but it was too dark for me, especially given that I was reading We Were Eight Years in Power at the same time. I'm not sure I even want to have another go at it. Reality already terrifies me enough sometimes!

    ReplyDelete