Sunday, May 3, 2015

Celebrate Turn #14


I am ever so grateful to Ruth Ayres for inviting us to share and celebrate events, big or small, from our week. 

When I picked my one little word for 2015, I knew this TURN was coming.   

Yesterday was my daughter's college graduation ceremony.  It is hard to believe this time has come.  Where have the years gone?  It seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital, our fingers wrapped in her tiny little hands.  Today we watched those same hands turn her tassel.  

Megan will be a third generation teacher.  I think I have always known she would choose teaching as a career because she has that passion for learning and working with children that cannot be taught.  I truly believe she was born to teach.  

During the invocation, the pastor told the graduates, "you are standing at the edge of possibility."  What powerful words.  My daughter's world is about to turn, and I can't wait to see where it goes

Life is full of turns.  
Life is full of celebrations.
Let us remember to celebrate each one.


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Megan! The teaching world needs energetic, passionate and dedicated young teachers like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Wishing Megan a lot of joy on her teaching journey and happiness in life. She is lucky to have two generations of teachers helping her build resilience and focus on the essential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Megan and to you and the family, Leigh Anne. "The edge of possibility" -beautiful words to ponder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Leigh Anne as you celebrate your daughter's milestone and entry into the teaching profession. "Life is full of turns," leads us to believe in a world of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting time for your family!

    ReplyDelete