I believe being a writer is one of the biggest gifts you can give to your students. ~ Stacey Shubitz
This month I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge. Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a space for me to share my corner of the world.
My first slice for this monthly challenge was an invitation to a favorites party. I have to say that this slice is my all-time favorite because it was interactive and was a great way to introduce ourselves to each other.
Twenty-five slicers attended the party and each brought their own special items. However, some items appeared over and over again and become the top favorites. So here is the Favorites Party Round-up from #sol17.
6. Food and drink. There were so many food and drinks that I had to throw all of them together. There were all kinds of yummy snacks and both hot and cold beverages served in special containers.
5. Captured moments. I was touched by the slicers who wanted to capture our time together, whether that was through a phone, an iPad, or a camera. (I voted Terje the official photographer.)
4. Comfort. It became obvious that this party was a place to wind down and enjoy the moments with each other. Everything from comfy clothes to comfy shoes and blankets to pillows was included. (We even moved the party from my front porch to Deb's lake!)
3. Books. Slicers wanted to share books from their favorite authors to their favorite poems. This goes to show that writers are also readers.
2. Pens. You can tell we are writers because pens, especially Ink Joy pens were popular. This party forced me to try Ink Joy for the first time and oh my...they are wonderful!
And the top favorite item was CHOCOLATE! Chocolate came in candy, cookies, brownies and everything in between. We obviously know what feeds the souls of writers.
Lisa gets the kindness award for bringing the hostess a gift! Thank you Lisa.
I hope all of you enjoyed the party as much as I did and will stop by again on Tuesdays.
Here's to a great month of slicing!