Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Reflective Teaching Challenge - All About Me


I am still trying to blog with reflective teachers everyday, but sometimes daily life just gets in the way.  Find more information here on how you can join other teachers for September Refections.

September 10 - Share 5 random facts about yourself, 4 things from your bucket list, 3 things you hope for this year as an educator, 2 things that made you laugh or cry as an educator, 1 thing you wish more people knew about you.

Random Facts:

  1. I returned to school to become a teacher when I was 40.
  2. I am petrified of wind or tornados.
  3. I am a retired quilter
  4. I am a Peabody Leader in Education
  5. I have two dimples.
Bucket List:

  1. Be a published writer (other than my blog - that doesn't count!)
  2. Travel to the east coast and watch the whales migrate.
  3. Learn to sing (the shower or my car doesn't count!)
  4. Retire while I am still able to enjoy life.
Hopes:
  1. I hope to launch our Next Chapter Book Club this month.
  2. I hope to get more colleagues on Twitter.
  3. I hope to someday teach without worrying about things that really don't matter.
Things that made me laugh or cry
  1. Reading Wonder aloud to my students.
  2. The last day of school when I have to say goodbye to my current students.

I wish people knew that I am a "doer" because I want to "do."   Not for the attention or the recognition, but because it is how I am wired.  

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the "doer" because you want to do...hard for people who aren't wired that way to understand, I think. Especially because recognition and attention often come hand in hand with the doing.

    ReplyDelete