Friday, April 5, 2024

Orbiting Partners

 

It is April, and I am going to do my best to join many others in celebrating National Poetry Month by reading, writing, sharing, and celebrating poetry each day. On April 8th we will experience a solar eclipse, and my hometown is the longest totality in the state of Indiana. We are expecting several tens of thousands of visitors to my town of 17,000. I thought it only fitting to write about sharing my sky with them. 



My inspiration this month will be from the Teach Write monthly writing prompts. Today's word is orbit, and I wrote a short haiku. 





Check out the Kidlit Progressive Poem, which is being organized by Margaret Simon at Reflections on the Teche. A different poet adds a line each day for the month of April, and today's contribution is added by Irene at Live Your Poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment