Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Solar Prominence

   

It is April, and I am going to do my best to join many others in celebrating National Poetry Month by reading, writing, sharing, and celebrating poetry each day. On April 8th we will experience a solar eclipse, and my hometown is the longest totality in the state of Indiana. We are expecting several tens of thousands of visitors to my town of 17,000. I thought it only fitting to write about sharing my sky with them. 



My inspiration this month will be from the Teach Write monthly writing prompts. Yesterday's word was eclipse (of course!) and I created a found nonet poem. I read a Facebook post by Eric Snitil who is a meteorologist explaining what the read spot on the bottom right of the sun, and I used his words to write my poem.


No comments:

Post a Comment