Thursday, April 4, 2024

Planet Earth

 

It is April, and I am going to do my best to join many others in celebrating National Poetry Month by reading, writing, sharing, and celebrating poetry each day. On April 8th we will experience a solar eclipse, and my hometown is the longest totality in the state of Indiana. We are expecting several tens of thousands of visitors to my town of 17,000. I thought it only fitting to write about sharing my sky with them. 



My inspiration this month will be from the Teach Write monthly writing prompts. Today's word is planet, but I chose to write about the planet Earth. Today's form is a tricube, a three-syllable, three-line, three-stanza poem.





It was my day to add to the progressive poem. Check my contribution here.

1 comment:

  1. I'll try a tricube today! I need a short form for a busy day. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete