Tuesday, March 24, 2015

SOLC #24 10Things You Probably Don't Know About Me

The Slice of Life March Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.  


Early this month and on the same day, Marcie and Michelle Haseltine both created a slice listing 10 things about them that we probably didn't know.  I decided to use this idea for my slice today.  Creating this list also gave me ideas for future slices.  So, here are 

10 things you probably don't know about me!  
  1. I eloped almost 25 years ago.   (tomorrow's slice)
  2. I married the brother of one my EJD's or high school friends.
  3. I could have been an extra in the state finals scene in the movie Hoosiers while I was a student at Butler University.  One of my biggest regrets.
  4. I have two dimples.
  5. I went back to school at 40 to become a second-career teacher.
  6. I live 7 miles from the Blue Flash, a small homemade roller coaster, which is in the book All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. (future slice)
  7. I have a fear of water because I almost drowned in a lake when I was a child.  (future slice)
  8. I am an Alpha Phi.
  9. My mother-in-law and I were both 4th grade teachers at the same school, but not at the same time.  (future slice)
  10. I have eight family members who are either currently teachers or retired teachers.

17 comments:

  1. This is a list of really neat things about you. Some of them are very remarkable. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a list and how you already have labeled some "future slices."
    There is so much we don't know about others. This would be a great activity for a classroom too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! I look forward to reading the future slices based on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, consider my a subscriber to your blog! (It's already on my Feedly!) I can't wait to learn more about you in future slices. Let's have a moment for the fact you went to Butler! My boys love this school. We have t shirts and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great learning about fellow slicers. Thanks for sharing your tidbits and throwing us a tease to future slices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting details into your life, we might need more information which could be revealed at All Write?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, I am curious...why did not you not choose to be an extra in Hoosiers! How cool that would be. I love this format and learning a little about the other slicers. Will be interested in your future slices now that you have got my curiosity up. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what the conversations are like when your family of teachers gets together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each summer my sister and I solve the world's education problems at the "pool summit" meetings.

      Delete
  9. This is a great idea, since I've been blogging for a long time but only joined this community in the past few months. My mother, stepmother, stepfather, sister, and several aunts and cousins are all teachers, and my sister and I currently teach at the same school!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful! I remembered from past posts that you had eloped, but I learned something new about you as well! My today's post was inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to generate ideas. And I am gad you decided to include some in future posts because I want to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These lists are a neat way of sharing ourselves with others. It might even be a great ice breaker at conferences. You are right. It does generate thought for future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always thought this would be the best thing to marry a friend's brother! His family already knew (and presumably loved) you! You already knew the family and already had a confident on the inside. Since it has been 25 years I am thinking this is turning out just fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved learning more about you Leigh Anne! Can't wait to read all the future slices...especially tomorrow's:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never met anyone who eloped. What a genius. My wedding only cost $3000 24 years ago, but I still felt like it was a waste of money. I hope I will check in tomorrow to learn more about that one, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing this list. A treat to learn more about you! So interesting!

    ReplyDelete