Sunday, March 8, 2015

SOLC #8 Wondering Wrap-up

The Slice of Life March Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.  

I decided to wrap up my week with a list of wonderings.  None of these are worthy of Wonderopolis, but they left me pondering.

I wonder how birds communicate.  (OK this one may be worthy)  How did they know my husband tore up little pieces of a leftover pancake and placed them on our porch?  I mean, does one bird see it and go tell the others? 

I wonder how weather forecasters can screw up time and time again and still keep their jobs.  I mean, what would happen if I did that?

I wonder how neighbors can keep their dogs outside for long periods of time barking at EVERYTHING.  I mean, can't they hear that?

I wonder why parents yell at and humiliate their kids when they make a mistake on the basketball court.  I mean, don't they realize they are in our feeder program, not the WNBA?  

I wonder why my husband thinks he needed to take a walk when schools were let out early because of the weather?  I mean, he even bothered to call and say, "I bet you don't go to school tomorrow.  These streets are treacherous."

I wonder why my son decided to wait until the last day of the grading period to ask his teacher about his missing assignments.  I mean, doesn't he remember he is a teacher's son?  AND doesn't he remember he graduates high school nine weeks?

Did this week leave you with any wonderings?

15 comments:

  1. These are great and to be honest, I have most of the same wonderings! My husband was out doing errands during the last storm and called to tell me to "Stay home, the roads are bad."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often wondered about the barking dogs as well. Perhaps the owners are listening to music with their earplugs for just that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! We all have the same wondering about the dog outside (and the weathermen!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have SOOOO many wonderings! I love these! I may borrow this format for a blog post of my own. I. too, wonder about the dogs and the birds. I wonder why some people seem to get everything they want and others get heartache after heartache? I wonder...oh, you've started something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the honesty! It makes me think I need to borrow this idea and share a few things I've had on my mind. Like "I wonder why the laundry basket is still sitting at the bottom of the stairs and everyone keeps walking past it?" Hahaha. I agree with Michelle, you've started something (and I kinda like it)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all, Leigh Anne. I'm sorry to hear about the parents yelling-seems as if they would be embarrassed themselves at their own behavior. As for your son-senioritis? Hard to keep the motivation I guess. Best wishes to him, & thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wonderings. One that always gets to me is why do people pass you on the interstate only to cut right in front of you so they can get off at the exit that is approaching?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your phrase "leftover wonderings." Sometimes the wonderings just want to be voiced but not necessarily requiring an answer. Wishing you a lovely new week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My big wondering - how to fit all the pieces together to make a whole. Maybe a blog post is simmering. Wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has inspired me to do a brain dump. My family is fascinated by woodland creatures in our backyard and often wonder about the birds. How do they know we put the bird seed out? Can squirrels really remember they buried that piece of fruit in our yard? Why does the neighbor keep feeding squirrels fruit? Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If there wasn't something to wonder about, what would we have to ponder over? Isn't it interesting how your wonderings are in so many other's minds too? I bet there's a lot of wonderings related to family members.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the wonderings, Leigh Ann. This is such good practice for our children. I used to play the "I wonder" game with my children at dinner. It is the beginning of inquiry and builds thinking and creativity.
    ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm. good wonders all. Each of these would make for a wonderful discussion in class.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you wrote about questions you're having. I was just talking with someone about how hard it is to teach children to ask questions. It feels like they are constantly being pushed to retell/state/give information, rather than wonder/ask/ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed reading your wonderings! I love learning more about you.
    You give me ideas for how I can write too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete