Sunday, August 28, 2016

A Little Note - Celebrate #16


Each week Ruth Ayres extends an invitation to share and celebrate events, big or small, from our week.

Last week I celebrated being unplugged for an extended time.  I thought maybe writing about it would bring me back.

It didn't.

You know how it feels when you have not seen or been around someone, and you feel that you can't go back because it won't be the same?  Like their life continued without you?  When you do, you stumble on your words because everything feels "uncomfortable."

It did.

I feel scared to write again.  I see my communities of online friends continuing with their writing and reading lives, and because I have been absent for so long, I no longer feel "comfortable" being a part of them.

I don't.

Just now, I had my computer open, begging for the words to come.  Wanting to write a celebration post, to reconnect with those people who have meant so much to me.

They didn't.

Just now, I received a direct message on Twitter that said, "Hi! I was thinking about you." It was from Loralee from This and That.  When she first started blogging, I sent her the Sunshine Award to encourage her and to welcome her to the blogging community.  I knew what it felt like to be a part of something much bigger than myself, and I wanted to share that.

I did.

If she only knew how much I needed this small message at this exact moment.  I don't think it was a coincidence that she sent me that note, and I don't think it was a coincidence that these are the words on her last post:

A simple little note can lighten
someone's load and lift a heart!
- Renee Swope

It did.

Thank you Loralee!

7 comments:

  1. Tears. God is so good. It's amazing how He had been planting you in my heart. I love how He sends His loving messages to us through others.

    Tears. You have encouraged me again by including me here.

    Oh yes, I know what you mean about the uncomfortable feeling when away from someone or something, but be comforted in knowing your writing friends are all around you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I think taking a break, even from good things, is good for us! You are wise. <3

      Delete
  2. Although I continue, as you saw when you read my post today, sometimes I grope for words, wonder how I will ever find something to SAY! I'm glad you're back, Leigh Anne, always enjoy reading YOUR words, honest and true about the interesting lives we lead. Loralee does inspire every time I read her Sunshine words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh Anne, I am so happy to see you back writing again. I did show your Get to Know the Educator booklet that you encouraged so many of us to participate in to my grad students. I loved the whole concept and the fact that you inspired me to create one. Your writing may take a break but your voice is deep inside and does want to fly. Continue the pursuit when you are fully ready. This post is your entry back in. I am sure so many support you like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been sparse in the blogosphere, too, and I feel like I've been disconnected, also. I'm glad we're both back! Love the structure of your post here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were speaking about the structure of essay last night in the Twitter chat with Katherine Bomer, how the structure is part of the craft and voice of the essay. Here is a good example. That little phrase makes me stop and connect to your words. I'm so glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are back. I think we all feel overwhelmed and disconnected sometimes. Your honesty and vulnerability inspire me! Know you were missed!!!

    ReplyDelete