Each week Ruth Ayres extends an invitation to share and celebrate events, big or small, from our week.
Today I celebrate new teachers.
I consider myself lucky because I get to relive the excitement felt by new teachers, although vicariously through my daughter. I have not seen her much this week because she has been working almost everyday, all day, in her new third grade classroom.
But I do get to see that new teacher excitement of...
- new supplies of crayons, markers, and notebooks
- bulletin board ideas coming to life
- libraires reorganized
- pencil caddies full of pencils, sharpened and ready to go
- desks arranged and rearranged and rearranged again trying to find the perfect spot
- empty lesson plan books ready to be filled with wonderful ideas
And I am loving every minute of it!
|Yes, Megan is a member of camp give-them-a-pencil!|
Today I celebrate new teachers who give me hope that teaching is still a desired and fulfilling profession.
Have a great week and may you find many celebrations along the way!