Saturday, March 1, 2014

Celebrate Good Times, Come On! - 3/1


Each Saturday  Ruth Ayres invites us to share and celebrate events from our week. Looking for small celebrations has certainly improved my outlook on my week. For that, I am certainly grateful to Ruth and to all of you who choose to celebrate with us.

Snow days - I used to love them.

Snow days - Nine too many!

Snow days - Another one or two coming!

Wondering about my celebration?  This week our plan to make up these nine snow days began.  Counting the ones built in, the ones the state is exempting and the ones where we took Good Friday and the day of graduation - we have two days left to make up.  We are adding one hour to our school day, excluding Fridays.  Six hours equals one snow day.  

That's not my celebration!

I am celebrating how well these first four days went.  Because I teach a "testing grade," our hour was structured with additional instruction.  My students worked extremely hard during this hour.  I can honestly say the extra hour was the best hour of our day.  They were focused and engaged in what I had planned.

Today I celebrate my students and the troopers that they were.  Let's hope the newness of the plan doesn't wear off anytime soon.

Snow days - No more!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah - DONE with snow days, which have now cost us Spring Break. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the 'plan' worked out so well, Leigh Anne. Sorry these 'snow days' have been so disruptive-what a winter you in the east have had. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting caught up on your blog! Enjoying it...as always!

    I understand your fears you wrote of last week. Same....and...I had no intentions of participating and just found myself trying day 1...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of that extra time, especially since it is before testing. However, it does make for long days. My former district is going to school on Saturday. I think I'd choose the extra hour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good idea, but I would need a snack around 2:00 pm.

    ReplyDelete