Monday, March 3, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers cohost It's Monday!  What Are You Reading?  Be sure and stop by to participate and see what others are reading and recommending.

It may be one book at a time, but it is three weeks in a row!



Seven Stories Up by Laurel Snyder

This is one of those books I heard such a buzz about on blogs and on Twitter.  

I was not disappointed.    

Annie, a twelve year old little girl, and her mother visit her dying grandmother who is an unhappy and downright cranky old lady.  Annie wakes up back in 1937 and meets her grandmother as a little girl.  Annie begins to understand the secrets of her grandmother's past which are key to understanding her present state of mind.  

Although this book is a mixture of realistic fiction, historical fiction and fantasy, I think many readers will be able to relate with the characters and maybe understand how everyone needs to be treated with respect.

Next up...


Happy Reading!


5 comments:

  1. I have both of Laurel Snyder's books to read too. I asked her which one to read first and she said it would be interesting to try it the way you are... you'll have to post if that was ok! I'm hoping to get to both soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book on my list also. In fact, my class will be skyping with her on Wed. For WRAD! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The premise of Seven Stories Up is so intriguing! Adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bigger Than a Bread Box looks very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I have yet to read Laurel Snyder's novels, maybe this year. :) I've heard good reviews about most of them.

    ReplyDelete