|Read more slices at
Two Writing Teachers
We did it! My first Slice of Life March Challenge is in the books...or should I say on the blog! I am so grateful for this experience and the people with whom I have shared it.
I have learned many things about writing and about myself during this month. That is what I wish to reflect on today in Part II.
- being a writer doesn't mean you have published a book
- I am a better teacher of writing because I write
- I understand when a student says they can't think of anything to write about
- when I have an idea - write it down (You wouldn't believe all the great ideas I forgot!)
- plan ahead
- carry a notebook
- I can write about hot topics
- I can write poetry
- I can laugh at myself
- borrowing someone's idea is called inspiration
- my words matter
- being a writer simply means one who writes
As they say, all good things must come to an end. I will miss exercising my writing muscles daily, but trying to be reflective, I have questions. Where does this experience lead me? Where do I go from here?
I want to continue slicing on Tuesdays and celebrating on Saturdays. But I want my writing to grow in other ways. My blog title is A Day in the Life of a teacher, a reader, and a writer. I feel I write about my life as a reader and a writer, but I want to write more about my life as a teacher.
Participating in this challenge has given me more confidence and quieted that inner critic that raises its ugly head. I don't know if I will have much to add to the many conversations out there, but I won't know if I don't REACH.
So, thank you Two Writing Teachers! Thank you friends! It has been a wonderful journey!