Monday, March 24, 2014

SOLSC #24 - She Forgot

Reas more slices at
Two Writing Teachers

How could she do this to me?

I have been with her since the beginning.  I remember that first day.  She was so nervous facing those twenty sweet little faces for the first time.  I was up front, sitting tall in my bright yellow outfit.  We made it through that first year...together.

That summer she took me home with her and took care of me.  Gave me love, food, and sunshine.  Just what I needed.

We moved the next year and I was in a bigger and better place.  I was still in front, still in my bright yellow outfit.  We have been together now almost seven years.

Each summer she would move me to the window where I could sit and watch the birds chirp, the squirrels jump from tree to tree, the goldfish swim lazily in the pond, and the full moon in the night sky.  She would faithfully come and visit me once a week, turning me just a little to make me more comfortable, filling me with nourishment.

She NEVER forgot me...until last week.

I don't know what happened.  I know she left in hurry.  Probably off to buy or read a new book.  She gets excited about that sometimes.  I just don't get it.  But she just left and I felt deserted, neglected, abused.

I no longer stand proud because I don't have the strength to stand tall anymore.

All because she left on something called spring break and

forgot 

to 

water

me!

She tried to make it up to me when she came back, giving me lots of extra water and begging me to stand up.  Oh, she was sad alright...because she knows.

Oh she knows.

She knows it has just been the two of us.  Yes, she has others that are bigger, greener, and have nicer outfits.  But I am the only one who has been with her since she became a teacher...the only one.

But I think it might be a little too late!


Bloggers note:  I left for spring break and forgot to water my many plants.  This one, which I bought for my first classroom, seemed to to take the brunt of my forgetfulness.  I don't know if it is going to make it. 

8 comments:

  1. Hopefully it will make it. Maybe you could take a little clipping and root it. It would be great to see mother and baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could help, but I have a brown thumb. I hope it surprises you and and makes it after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the voice of your plant, so proud of you, until you forgot it. (so sad) It may be alright, just give it a trim and continue to talk nice to it. It may forgive you and shoot out some new sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! I have a few that I lose every year, too - such fun to "hear" the voice of your plant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun to read! And, yes, I am sure the plant will make it. You might need to cut it first, but it will bounce back! I should try writing from another perspective.....you are giving me ideas again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear! I say pluck off the dead leaves, cut it back and hope for the best. Your post was fun to read. I have many plants that might say the same thing to me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great piece on point of view! I wasn't sure if it was a stuffed animal or doll ... that poor plant. I liked elsie's advice to talk nice to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops! I can never keep inside plants growing. I think it will come back, she's just going to make you feel bad for awhile:) Great story!

    ReplyDelete