Wednesday, March 2, 2022

A March Reunion #SOL22


Yesterday was full of unexpected excitement as I scrolled down the Two Writing Teachers call for posts. I saw so many bloggers who I "grew up" with. Some were back for another consecutive year, some were back after lots of hesitancy (like me!), and some were back who I have not seen for a few years. As I clicked on post after post, I felt like I was with old friends. I may have actually been a bit giddy!

It felt a little like a high school class reunion. We were hugging through the Internet, catching up on family and personal lives, and reminiscing about days gone by. 

Only this time, no one cared how much how much weight I have gained or how many gray hairs I have. No one cared whether I was wearing the latest style or whether I brought my husband or came with my group of girlfriends. Instead of sitting around tables looking at yearbooks, we sat around computer screens sharing words.

Todays' post is my 800th post. When I started this blog back in 2013, I had no idea where it would take me. I have grown as a writer in so many ways, thanks to the inspiration and the mentorship of other bloggers. I have been given opportunities to write professionally, to present at conferences, and to meet some incredible people in real life who have become dear friends...all because of this little space.

I have never been a big fan of class reunions and have regretted going to the two I have attended, but I have never regretted started this blog and joining a March reunion.

Cheers to the "class of March 2022"!

   

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we 
share a slice of life during the month of March. 

9 comments:

  1. A March Reunion-I love that term for this year's SOLSC. I am so glad that I met you way back when. I can't remember our first meeting online but certainly remember our NCTE meet-ups. I wonder if you will bring back your SOLSC online party. That is always so much fun! Happy Slicing, Leigh Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 800th post! Congratulations! And besides this reunion we'll have your annual party during March, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow to 800 posts!! I feel like it's a reunion every year I come back, too. So glad to see you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always exciting to see who joined the March challenge. There is such joy in reconnecting with old friends and making new ones. It is one of the reasons I come back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It did have that feel and I loved it too! 800 posts, wow! Now I have to go see what number I am at (but not near that!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers! Honestly, you're the one who pushed me this year -- I entered space in my notebook after your Facebook post! Happy March! Happy Reunion! (We need to meet again in person...soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! 800 posts! That is quite an accomplishment.

    I love the connection to a reunion. And I think I might have been in your "class". My blog started in 2013 as well. So good to be with old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your 800th post! That is amazing! I enjoy the connections too. You are one of the reasons that I joined again- because of your FB post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes!! I love the "reunion" aspect of slicing--even though I've never been to a high school reunion and can't imagine wanting to! This is the best kind of reunion! It's been so exciting this week to catch up with old friends this week!

    ReplyDelete