Friday, March 4, 2022

Jelly Bean Spring #SoL22


  

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we 
share a slice of life during the month of March. 

Easter has filled the seasonal aisles in Walmart with pastel colored bunnies, bright yellow daffodils, and lots of candy. I have anxiously awaited for this moment since last spring.

Not because of my deep affection for spring. Actually spring is my least favorite season. Although I am always ready for winter to be over, days to be longer, and temps to be warmer, I do not like Mother Nature's hot flashes or bad moods or her inability to make up her mind.

But I do love me some jelly beans. Not regular jelly beans. Troll Sour Brite Jelly Beans. They are gummi crawler goodness wrapped up in the shape of a jelly bean. My favorite! (I may or may not have already consumed these three bags shown here!)

This is the one time I sincerely mean: WELCOME SPRING!




9 comments:

  1. I did not see this coming. :) Sweet spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprise! Give me chocolate over fruity jelly beans any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so unexpected. I love these too. So does my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm one of those people who enjoys some seasonal candies (Not sure if I should admit publicly that I like candy corn, but I just did.) so I totally understand the reason you're looking forward to those jelly beans. That said, like Margaret, I'm more of a chocolate gal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of this... I love these jelly beans too! It's the little things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very fun slice! I don't usually eat candy anymore, but I still love seeing all the seasonal candy arrive in the stores!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jelly beans! Yum. Minus the black jelly beans, I MAY have already eaten a whole bag. I am such a sucker for candy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "But I do love me some jelly beans." Such a funny line, such a fun, light slice. I so love spring with its hot flashes (!) and bad moods, but I'm with you with the jelly beans.

    ReplyDelete