Thursday, March 17, 2022

I'm Lucky Because...#SOL22


In honor of St. Patrick's Day I have created a list of 17 reasons (in no particular order) why I am lucky!

I'm lucky because...

  1. my country is not at war.
  2. I have water, food, and shelter.
  3. I am not afraid to go to sleep at night.
  4. I have people who love me.
  5. I have been married 32 years.
  6. I have children whose jobs include working with children.
  7. I have a job I love.
  8. I have colleagues who make going to work everyday a joy.
  9. I have administrators who support and respect me.
  10. I never run out of books.
  11. my husband enjoys baking cookies.
  12. my sisters love the beach as much as I do.
  13. my mother still remembers who I am.
  14. I get to see my new great-nephew this Friday.
  15. I am on spring break.
  16. the temperatures have hit the 70s this week.
  17. I have a slice written.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


  

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we 
share a slice of life during the month of March. 

5 comments:

  1. I’ve thought a lot about luck the past few weeks. Our safety and good luck is a matter of good fortune. May your cup of luck continue run over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great and now truly is a time for gratitude and prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a lucky lady! My mom just passed this October and it had been months since (I thought) she didn't know who I was. Maybe she did. It was hard to tell. So, consider yourself VERY VERY LUCKY that your mom knows who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is a great time for celebrating all that we have. I am lucky for many of the same things.

    ReplyDelete