Friday, March 18, 2022

Magnolias #SOL22

Being part of a community benefits a writing life. When I first began blogging, it was the community of writers that kept me writing. I have met so many amazing people through the act of writing stories and sharing words.

I belong to a group of writers called Teach Write. Each month we have a writing challenge to exercise our writing muscles. Sometimes it is a new poetry form and other times it is just a topic that centers our writing. Once a month we gather online to write and share, similar to a poetry slam. This is my favorite part - to hear the writing read aloud.

This month we are writing a Fib poem, which is a poem written in syllable count according to the Fibonacci sequence:  1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8.

Last night we gathered, wrote, and shared, and today I offer you a bit of spring.



Magnolias

Just

one

blossom,

against a

cerulean sky,

heralding Miss Spring’s arrival.

 

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we 
share a slice of life during the month of March. 

5 comments:

  1. Never heard of this format. I love it and your exquisite poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new format for me too. the photo and poem go so well together. I learned a new word in English from your poem - cerulean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I can't wait to try a Fib poem of my own! You always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another new poetry form for me! I love your poem, it's so delicate and captures that anticipation of a breath of spring in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun format. I would love to try to Fib poem! Your poem is stunning.

    ReplyDelete