Saturday, December 7, 2013

Celebrate Good Times, Come On! - 12/7




Each Saturday  Ruth Ayres invites us to share and celebrate events from our week. Looking for small celebrations has certainly improved my outlook on my week. For that, I am certainly grateful to Ruth and to all of you who choose to celebrate with us

This week was a week of firsts!

First fire of the season - December is late for our first fire in the fireplace, but having a fire with the house decorated for Christmas is the absolute best!  This is also one of my top five places to read!


One of my favorite places in our house!


First snow and snow day - Friday we had our first snow day, which I really did not want.  I would prefer to have them in February and not two weeks before Christmas break.  But since we had to have one, it might as well be a Friday!  Let's celebrate long weekends!  We received close to 14 inches of snow.  The temperature is suppose to drop, so it isn't going anywhere soon.  I have a feeling we may be out Monday too!


The view out my back door.


Our house with 12 inches of snow on the ground!

Have a great week and may you be blessed with many reasons to celebrate!

12 comments:

  1. Leigh Anne,
    Your fire place looks so inviting and cozy. Glad you got some time off with the snow day to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are enjoying a winter wonderland already - such beautiful pictures, Leigh Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! I want to live, or visit, in your winter wonderland! You are inspiring me to get on with my decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our first snow too! But we only had eight inches (that's enough). Oh I wish for a real fire, but will have to settle for the gas one we have. Happy reading by the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I covet that fireplace! My dream is to have a home with a fireplace and a fenced in back yard for my dog. Someday...
    Enjoy that beautiful snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fireplace and all the decorations looks so cozy and comfortable. What a great place to relax and read on your snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing your home and the fire, Leigh Anne-so beautiful. It's the one thing I miss from my old house, a fireplace. Maybe someday I'll find a home with one! We didn't have so much snow, but oh it is cold, - 13 the other night! Missing these days is not easy with winter break coming so fast. We didn't have a snow day, but many wished we would have-instead-indoor recess is making everyone crazy! Enjoy that coziness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fireplace looks like a cozy place to read! We just had our first snow fall here in Portland (Oregon) and it was beautiful. I love the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In Estonia snow is very common so we never get snow days. Lovely pictures. It looks and feels a lot like Christmas. Winter break is very close.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your photos. Your home looks so inviting. We had a snow day on Friday too. It gave me the time I needed to finish decorating for Christmas and time to do some reading by the fireplace. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun house! Your fireplace looks so cozy, like I would love to sit there with some tea and a book and slippers on and a warm fuzzy crocheted blanket...I can totally imagine myself there. Looks great and definitely worth celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Your home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete