It is hard to believe another March has arrived, and it is time for another Slice of Life Challenge. This is my third year of participating. Thank you Two Writing Teachers for creating this space for me to share my corner of the world.
The March Challenge is like March weather - you never know what is going to happen and you can always expect it to change. This post you are reading is not what I had intended on writing!
Writing lists has always been a great I-don't-know-what-to-write idea. Today that strategy did not let me down.
I believe in no regrets. We are given one shot in this life, and we must make the best of every day. But some days I wish I could do some things a little differently the second time around, do some things again, or do some things for the very first time.
Two Things I Would Redo
1. Have another child. I have the perfect family, but I would have loved to have had another child. We just started too late in life.
2. Become a teacher earlier than 43 years old! I love what I do, and I wish I would have more years to touch the lives of students.
Two Things I Would Do Again
1. Be a stay-at-home mom again. I loved staying home with Megan and Ethan. It was not always easy, but I would not trade those years for anything.
2. Go to college as an adult. Going back to school when I was 40 made me have a greater appreciation for learning. I do not think I quite understood what it was all about at the age of 18.
Two Things I Want to Do
1. Travel. I am a homebody, but the older I get, the more I realize that there are many parts of this world that I am missing. I would love to go to the east coast to see the whales, and I would love to head west and see the mountains.
2. Change careers one more time. I would love to be a literacy or a writing coach some day. I love teaching, but I think it would be rewarding to share my love and passion with other teachers.
So what would your "I Do" list include?