Monday, January 6, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #IMWAYR


Jen Vincent at Teach Mentor Texts and Kelle and Ricki at Unleashing Readers co-host It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Be sure to stop by and see what others are reading and recommending this week.

My one little word for 2020 is commit. I have made "10 Commitments" and one of them includes participating, supporting and engaging with my social media communities. #IMWAYR is one I have participated in, yet not very consisently. I hope to be more committed to not only my reading life but to also sharing it!

Here is what I read the last two weeks:


Allies by Alan Gratz

I have loved everything that Alan Gratz has written, and Allies was no different. He has this knack of creating several characters and intersecting their stories. I wish he would now write the story about the two girls at the end of the book. They deserve they own title!



The Toll by Neal Shusterman

The much-anticipated conclusion to the Scythe series was quite the read! The first 200 pages were frustrating for me as I was trying to remember things that had happened in the previous books. But after that, the story was the perfect ending to a must-read trilogy.



The Crossover by Kwame Alexander

The Crossover as a graphic novel added a nice touch to a beautiful story about the importance of family. I did feel that the poems lost some of their effect in this format, but the addition of the illustrations was perfect. 

On my reading radar this week:



Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. I still need to read Crossover, but have read & loved the others, Leigh Anne! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, "commit" is an excellent word for the new year. I loved The Line Tender and Other Words for Home, but I'm just now starting Thunderhead, so I hope to get to The Toll very soon. I've deeply enjoyed everything I've read by Alan Gratz, so I'm certain Allies will be no different for me, too. Thanks for all these shares, Leigh Anne! I'm sorry I'm visiting so late in the week (also, when I clicked your link on the #imwayr link-up, it took me to your post from LAST January). Have a wonderful reading weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read both The Line Tender and Other Words for Home. Pulling for Line Tender as my top Newbery contender. I like Alan Gratz, but haven't read Allies yet.

    ReplyDelete