Tuesday, December 1, 2020

It's (finally) a Boy! #joysof2020


I think we can all say the 2020 has been challenging, and often it became hard to focus on the positive things. This month the Teach Write Community is closing out the year with looking back at 2020 and finding the joy. We know it is there, but sometimes we just have to look a little bit harder to find it. Check out the #joysof2020 by joining our Teach Write Community.


My mother-in-law was an amazing person. She was a stay-at-home mom and raised seven children. When her youngest, who also happens to be a friend of mine, started college, Marge did too. She became a teacher and eventually taught 4th grade. 

I happened to have followed in her footsteps. I was a stay-at-home mom and when my youngest went to first grade, I went back to school also. I became a 4th grade teacher at the same school, same hallway, same room where she taught.

Back in mid February my sister-in-law gave me a card that belonged to my mother-in-law. It was a birth congratulations card from her Bridge Club friends. At the time, Marge had four girls and was praying for a boy. Her prayer was answered, and my husband-to-be was born.


A Six-word Memoir

No comments:

Post a Comment