Saturday, June 26, 2021

Summer Flashback

This week was gorgeous for Indiana summer weather. Low humidity, sunny afternoons, and cool evening temperatures. Summer served up just the way I like it.

I spend a lot of time on our porches, my favorite place in my house. One night while writing on the back porch, I could hear our neighbors. Their six-month baby and two-year old were outside enjoying the unusual summer weather too. And then I heard it.

A sound.

A giggle.

A squeal of delight.

A summer flashback...to a time almost 25 years ago. I didn't realize how much I missed it. I didn't realize I would have missed it if it hadn't been for the summer weather and being called outside to write.

I’m joining an open community of writers over at Sharing Our Stories: Magic in a Blog. If you write (or want to write) just for the magic of it, consider this your invitation to join us. #sosmagic

6 comments:

  1. Writing outside brings back things, doesn't it? There are so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Leigh Anne, what a lovely experience and memory. Happy you took some time to enjoy these special summer days. Nice post, also, about your home and all the magic that happened on your front and back porches. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look what writing outside can do! I love this memory you shared. I'm not writing outside currently (in the middle of our Pacific NW heat), but it's a favorite summer activity. As soon as this heat abates (100 degrees right now), I'll be back on the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The summer outside as a parent of adult children is so different from being a mom with little ones. My hubby and I sometimes look at families with kids and say, "It used to be us." Enjoy your time now and the memories that come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A summer day "served up the way you like it." Sounds luscious especially the low humidity. I enjoyed this short post about a sweet summer memory and moments well spent, Leigh Anne.

    ReplyDelete