Thursday, October 21, 2021

The Missing Washi Tape


I have begun to explore creative journaling where I make the pages of my notebooks into a collage of different materials. I use torn scrapbooking paper, pages from old books, washi tape, printed vintage images from the internet, and stickers. I want to play with stamping next. I am loving it! 

Today was a cleaning day, but I needed to run and get some milk. Since I was out, I took a little detour to run into Hobby Lobby and "just look." I left with a package of "tattered and worn" paper (which I found out was adhesive!) and four roles of washi tape. Yes, just what I needed.

After eating dinner, I ran upstairs to my "office" and pulled out the package of paper. After I opened it and admired the beautiful colors and prints, I opened the bag for the washi tape. I wanted to create some pages to share on the Choice Literacy Instagram page.

But the washi tape was not in the bag. I went down and looked in my purse and in the car, but they were nowhere to be found. I was stumped.

I thought maybe the cashier had forgotten to place the items in my bag, so I decided to call the store. I told them my story, and the employee said yes, there were two packages of washi tape here. Someone found them and brought them inside.

I am so thankful for that customer who was honest and took them back into the store. Not everyone would have done that. It is nice to still see kindness in the world...even if it is just washi tape.

And now back to those pages!

I’m joining an open community of writers over at Sharing Our Stories: Magic in a Blog. If you write (or want to write) just for the magic of it, consider this your invitation to join us. #sosmagic

1 comment:

  1. I took the bait of an Instagram ad for the Washi Tape Shop and order a pack of Van Gogh tape. It came with a bunch of rolls. Now, of course, I get multiple emails from them. I am definitely a washi tape fan. Glad yours was/were? found.

    ReplyDelete