Wednesday, July 5, 2023

A Simple Melody

My mother has dementia. As more of her memory fades with each passing day, we come closer and closer to making tough decisions. Lately she has mentioned how she just wants to go home. She still lives at home, so we are assuming that she is remembering her childhood home, as driving through that area of town seems to bring her joy.

It seems the childhood memories are the ones she keeps tucked away in a safe place.

Music also seems to bring her joy. When she listens to Dean Martin or Elvis Presley, it's like I have my mother back. This is when I wish time could stand still. 


2 comments:

  1. So full of feeling. I know you cherish the sweet moments when you feel like you have your mom back. Prayers for the decisions which may come soon.

    ReplyDelete