Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Haunted Haiku

My writing life has taken a dip, and I really needed a spark. So, this past weekend, Teach Write had a game night, and I participated. We played with Paint Chip Poetry cards and what fun we had! I have had this in my Amazon cart for quite a while, but for some reason, I have never bought it.

After playing it with writerly friends, I think it has to become mine!

We each chose 12 paint colors from a random color generator, and then used the prompt cards from the game.

In my first poem I used the following colors:  forward fushia, gory movie, and spicy red. The prompt card was "heartbreak." I chose to write a haunted haiku with it.


Forward Fushia

with spicy red lips
leaves trails of blood kisses like
a gory movie


7 comments:

  1. Oh, this haiku is chilling! The words "trails of blood kisses" are particularly eerie. Fun way to create a poem, using paint chips! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint Chip Poetry sounds like a blast, especially when playing with writerly friends. I enjoyed your haunted haiku. Excellent use of red text, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haiku - and I love that game too! We played it in writers club last year. Super fun! (Ona here - It wont’ let me log in!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love paint chip poetry! And your poem is perfectly spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You pulled me in with 'dusting off your blog' since mine has also gathered dust...along with every piece of furniture in my house. Great haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved seeing your name pop up! Who knew there was a Paint Chip game? Makes me want to play among the colors soon. Your haunted haiku is spooky fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun way to get a writing spark! And the poem you ended up with is just right for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete