Thursday, January 1, 2015

Must Read in 2015



It is that time of year for reflecting on what was read in 2014 and rounding up those books that we didn't read because we ran out of time.  I am joining Carrie Gelson of There's A Book For That and many other bloggers to create my Must Read in 2015 List.  I do not include 2015 books in this list because I know I will read those anyway. My list contains book that I wanted to read in 2014 but just did not get to.

My list this year will consist of groups of books.  The first one is Newbery contenders that I own.  I still want to read these although I think I have already read the winner!



The Boundless by Kenneth Oppel Read 12/31
Nightingale's Nest by Mikki Loftin  Read 1/2
Greenglass House by Kate Milford


Revolution by Deborah Wiles Read 6/15
The Madman of Piney Woods by Christopher Paul Curtis

My next group is the books which are featured on the Virtual Book Club 2015, which are NOT 2015 books and which I have not read.  Click here for a list of the books featured for 2015.



How to Outrun a Crocodile When Your Shoes are Untied by Jess Keating  Read 2/3
El Deafo by Cece Bell  Read 2/1

My last group is the series that my students are reading, but I have not.  Since I was previously a 4th grade teacher, I did not own this series until this year.  I do not expect read all of these.  I just want to at least start them.


The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer Nielsen Finished series 3/3
The Maze Runner by James Dashner Read 12/26
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Read first book 6/30

Happy Reading in 2015!

2 comments:

  1. I have only read The Hunger Games, but there are several on your list that I have put on my TBR list for 2015. Finding The Nerdy Book Club has made my lists go extra long!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added your list to the blog! Enjoy Revolution One of my 2014 favourites!

    ReplyDelete