Saturday, August 16, 2014

Celebrate Good Times, Come On! 8/16


Each Saturday  Ruth Ayres invites us to share and celebrate events, big or small, from our week. Looking for celebrations has certainly improved my outlook on my week.  For that, I am certainly grateful to Ruth and to all of you who choose to celebrate with me.

It has been a week of beginnings and endings for my family.

Me - Last week was our first full week of school, and as a teacher, I walked new halls for the first time.  I began teaching 6th grade ELA in a five year old school.  I have much to learn, but it was a great first week not only learning the ropes of the new building and a new grade level, but also learning the differences between 4th and 6th graders.  This experience should give me much to write about this year.

My HusbandMonday, my husband started a new job.  He worked for a bank for 30 years, our entire life together.  Banking, just like teaching, has gone through many changes, and this career change has been a breath of fresh air for him.  

My Daughter - Megan, my daughter, begins her last semester in college.  I remember the excitement and fear of knowing that I would soon be in the real world.  She is beginning her last semester with the anticipation of beginning her adult life.

My Son - Ethan, my son, begins his last year in high school.  So many emotions accompany this year.  Enjoying each senior experience, yet knowing this year may be the last time he sees many of his classmates.  Wanting to grow up, yet enjoying that care free life for one more year.

Many great celebrations for us this week and I am sure, throughout this entire year.  It will be a busy time, but we must take the time to stop and celebrate those small things along the way.  

Have a great week and may you find many celebrations in your lives along the way!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, Leigh Anne, change is in the air at your house, lasts and firsts! I hope every part of this new year of teaching, new job, and endings in school is wonderful for all of you. I was wondering how the week went-always a good one, but also good to have it behind you. Best wishes for another good week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! So many changes!! They can be exciting and scary, too. I can't wait to read all about them this year. I'm glad your first week went well. Please remember that I'm here if there's anything I can do to help! What do you think of the sixth graders?!?! Aren't they great?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Week one done! What a brave start you've had - even blogging a couple of times! So many beginnings for your entire family, congrats to all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh Anne - change can be challenging but despite the many changes in your life I love how you are choosing to celebrate and look for the positives in all of them! New endings and new beginnings - all chapters in our life story! How do you like your new class? new grade? Hope your husband really enjoys his new job. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many changes and new paths for your family. All my best that the change will be smooth and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big changes, Leigh Anne, for every member of your family. I have a feeling that it's going to be an awesome year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great celebration of new beginnings in this new chapter of life for your whole family! I'm so glad you were able to stop and reflect during this crazy time. My best to all of you! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness what stories you all must have to share when you are together! Much to celebrate and anticipate. Best of luck to you this year, I look forward to reading about your adventures in 6th grade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many wonderful things happening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a full life of change. Really so much to celebrate. So interesting how in some ways your whole family are on the brink of change, looking over the edge to whole new worlds. It should be a great year of growth. Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly are experiencing some milestones and changes. Keep celebrating them all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The parallel changes in your family are striking: you and your husband beginning new career paths and your children both beginning their final stage of school, though at different levels. This year is sure to be an exciting journey for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Lots of changes in your family! A great time, seems like it could also be an exhausting time! Hope you get lots of time to just enjoy and savor each other!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. What a year ahead for all of you. It's great that you are there for each other to listen, support, nudge and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete