Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Must Read in 2016


I know I am a little late to the party so I will just call this challenge Must Read in 2016 Minus Twelve Days.  No matter how late I am, I always enjoy sharing books and my reading life with other teachers and readers.  

This challenge is hosted by Carrie Gelson at There's A Book for That and is a list of books that we want to read in 2016 because we didn't get to them in previous years.  For most of us, finding book choices is not a problem - narrowing them down to a reasonable list is.  Please check out her blog to see those neglected books everyone will be reading this year.

I have decided to group them again this year.  The only rule I have is that no book can be published in 2016 because chances are, I will read those regardless.

So here are my groups.

Migrated Books - books which I had on previous Must Read lists and STILL have not read them.


 

Greenglass House by Kate Milford
P.S. Be Eleven by Rita Williams-Garcia
The Wig in the Window by Kristen Kittscher


Series Books - books in a series I have either started but have not finished, or I want to read the series because my students are reading them.



I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Divergent by Veronica roth
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Eye of Minds by James Dashner
The Eighth Day by Dianne K. Salerni

Book Club Books - books in my student book clubs which I have not read.



Absolutely Truly by Heather Vogel Frederick
My Brother's Secret by Dan Smith  Read 2/21
Red Thread Sisters by Carol Antoinette Peacock

TBR Books - books on my nightstand or on my floor or in a box which never seem to make it to the top of the pile.


A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness Read 1/15
Wish Girl by Niki Loftin
All Fall Down by Ally Carter


Prairie Evers by Ellen Airgood Read 1/16
The Paper Cowboy by Kristin Levine
The Whisper by Aaron Starmer


Code of Honor by Alan Gratz  Read 12/21
Mark of the Thief by Jennifer Nielsen
An Unlikely Warrior by Georg Rauch

Personal Development - books to help me live intentionally


Live with Intention by Maryanne Radmacher
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert  Read 8/26

Happy Reading in 2016!

1 comment: