Saturday, January 16, 2016

Quote Collector - Celebration #2


Each week Ruth Ayres extends an invitation to share and celebrate events, big or small, from our week.  Won't you join us?




This week as I was perusing Pinterest, I came across this quote.  I thought it was perfect for my one little word and the way I want to focus my life this year.

It really is up to me to make the every day - a special occasion and a celebration.

I had never heard of the source of this quote so I did some research.  What I found was a quote collector's heaven, or haven, or jackpot - whichever term you choose. Check out his blog, The New Robert Brault Reader  to see quote after quote after quote.  He also has a sidebar of people who are tweeting quotes in real time. Someone is always tweeting him!

If you enjoy collecting quotes, reading quotes, or just thinking about quotes, then check out his blog.  I am sure you will find something to make you laugh, cry or think.

Have a great week, and make every day a special occasion!

12 comments:

  1. Wow! What a goldmine of quotes. My students love to post quotes. Thanks for the resource!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote you shared from Pinterest. Thanks for the link. Here's the one I found when I randomly scrolled through a few. It fits for my life: ""A soulmate is someone who knows where you went when you were last seen wandering aimlessly."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that one too! I could spend hours reading these. Thinking about using one a day for the March SOL Challenge. I am sure I could find 31 that connects with my life in some way.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, thank you Leigh Anne. I will look for this site. My sticky notes are filled with favorites, & it feels good to read special words in a quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh Anne, thanks for shining a little light of recognition on my humble efforts. And thanks to your friends for their kind remarks. You bring a bit of cheer to an old fellow's heart. rb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leigh Anne, how wonderful that you are leading us to a new site that will brighten our days. Your positivity to making each day special validates my OLW believe as I try to not falter in the face of full frontal believing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quote. I think I need to copy it and post it at work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a quote collector myself (close to 10,000 quotes and counting), I have quite a few quotes by Robert Brault. He is one the most quotable authors alive. You are welcome to visit my blog, The Frictionary (http://frictionary.blogspot.com) published weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the link. I like quotes too. Been collecting them since I was a young teen. Thank you.
    Just in case you would like another spot to visit, here are some on reading, writing, faith and more... http://littlehouseontheridgebee.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leigh Anne, Thank you for this wonderful resource. Sometimes the right quote is just what I need to change the atmosphere of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love quotes! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can attest that Loralee has lots of amazing quotes too. I LOVE discovering new blogs and QUOTES?!?!? I can't wait to comb through the posts. As always, you inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete