Sunday, May 14, 2023

Solace & Connection {6}

      

Welcome to this week's nature-inspired invitation to write and connect. Each week, I will post a round-up, and you just need to write your blog post and link up at the bottom of my post. I leave a little inspiration each week, but you are free to write about nature:  prose, poetry, images, or anything else you would like to share. 


This week's inspiration comes from a Ruth Ayres lead in the Choice Literacy Big Fresh weekly newsletter. She writes about times when she and her children "name the sky." It is a lovely piece, and I hope you will take some to read it.

I hope you take some time to observe the sky and write about how you would name it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


As the new day dawns
I reach into my wounded heart,
searching for
the unspoken words of
forgiveness.

My team at school has been going through a difficult time. One day last week, I snapped this picture from our school parking lot and thought about Ruth's writing. With the sun trying to appear from the breaks in the clouds, I knew this sky was named "Forgiveness." 

I hope you will join me in naming your sky or writing about the world around you.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. I love this one, and I keep thinking about it. I am late to the party and can't link here, but I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging and did write about nature today.
    www.juliekcox.com/blog/nature-writing

    ReplyDelete