Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Snow Day Fun


Thank you to Two Writing Teachers for creating a place to share our Slice of Life.  Read more slices or add you own here.

We have gone most of the winter without snow and then...

BAM!

It hit us last week.  We went to school one day last week, and in all honesty there was not much difference between Thursday and Friday, the one day we did go.

My son has been in heaven.  He loves winter and loves to snowboard on a hill by our house which has been the sledding hill for over 100 years.  He has watched skateboarders and snowboarders on TV since he was a little kid.  We traveled to several skateparks in the midwest when he was little, but he has only snowboarded on "real" slopes a few times.  

The first talk of snow and Ethan and his friends are out building and rebuilding ramps. Each year their endeavors seem to get more creative and interesting than the previous one.  They have used a door, a desk, a doghouse, an old water fountain, PVC pipe, logs, and any piece of wood that is not nailed down to build their ramps.

This year, they took the top of a picnic table to make their ramp.  This ramp was high enough to give Ethan enough air to try a 360.  After many attempts, he finally landed it.  Here is the video.  His friend put the turn in slow motion which makes it really neat to watch.  I know it is not the X-Games, but for my son, it was snow day fun!



10 comments:

  1. Wow! It may not be the X games, but I'm impressedI don't blame Ethan for loving this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys would love this! We have a huge sledding hill behind our house which means I stay stocked up on cocoa and marshmallows for all the kids in the neighborhood...wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! It looks like a beautiful day to enjoy that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun for Ethan! I can't think I'd ever have been brave enough to attempt something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this takes me back to when my Ben was home and built ramps like this. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun for your son. I used to like snow. Once I had to shovel and drive to work in it my like of snow diminished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! "Snow" much fun to be had :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to spend snow day!!!! I think I would take more snow over the cold that we have had!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's impressive. I'm glad you shared the video too! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun! I love that they slowed down the video for the turn. :)

    ReplyDelete