Thursday, December 15, 2016

One Little Word Check-in


Spiritual Journey Thursday is a small community of bloggers who write about our spiritual lives.  Holly Mueller at Reading, Teaching, Learning began the community, and it slowly grew.  We took a hiatus for awhile, but Irene Latham at Live Your Poem has brought the group back together.  All are welcome to join us on the first Thursday of the month to share spiritual thoughts around a common theme.

This week we are checking in with our One Little Word for 2016.

My word was intent.  I cannot say that my word fit me this year like Search (2013), Reach (2014) or Turn (2015) did in previous years.


I wanted to slow down and enjoy life in the snippets of the every day.  We are only granted the present, and I felt like I was so wrapped up in the everyday chaos, that I was missing what was most important.  I wanted to focus on those small parts of life that mattered.

My blog is about a day in the life of a teacher, a reader, and a writer.  Those three people make up a large part of the person I am.  Those three people make up a large part of the chaos in my life.

Looking at life in snippets made me realize I cannot separate myself from those three people, no matter how much I try.  It was among the chaos when I became the most intentional.

When I look over the words I wrote back in January, I understand I must be intentional to not lose sight of who I am.  

But I know now, that includes all parts of me.  I cannot separate one from another.

I am ready to move on with another word in 2017, but I am far from finding it.  Please consider joining us next year as we explore and share our journey.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Leigh Ann, I really enjoyed you poem. I think you've captured well what it means to live with intent. Like you, I don't feel completely satisfied with how I lived my one-little-word this year, but still the journey has been richer with it. And maybe that's enough... for now. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful reflection Leigh Anne. How to pull all of those pieces together is a journey. I love the way you spiraled through your process of discovery this year. I lost sight of my OLW. Things seemed to get in the way. I think I wasn't attending to it. I still need time to reflect on this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Leigh Anne for your poem and for these wise words! I am especially drawn to "It was among the chaos when I became the most intentional." To be able to incorporate all the many parts of ourselves, to welcome and nurture those parts and allow them to comingle -- what a beautiful thing! Thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your intention poem. You have learned to embrace all of you when being present with whatever comes your way.

    ReplyDelete