Tuesday, January 1, 2019

#MustReadin2019




It's that time of year when resolutions are made, goals are set, and reading lists are created. I am joining Carrie Gelson at There's A Book for That and many other readers to create a list of books that I want to read in the upcoming year.  Click on the image above if to take you to Carries's round-up link.  Please consider joining us or taking a peek at some great book recommendations! But beware - you risk your list growing exponentially!

My list for 2019 has a little of everything, and I currently own all but one.

Making a list is the easy part; completing the list is much harder!  Especially when I still have boxes of books just waiting to be read as well.

But I still enjoy participating.

Last year I had eight books on my list, two for each quarter of the year, and I read six. This year I have 15 books!  My reading life should get back to normal now I have completed my Master's degree!

Here is my Must Read in 2019 List:



Still a Work in Progress by Jo Knowles
After Zero by Christina Collins
The 57 Bus by Dashka Slater



Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman Read May 28,2019
Resistance by Jennifer Nielsen
The Truth as Told Mason Buttle by Leslie Connor



Mapping the Bones by Jane Yolen
Front Desk by Kelly Yang Read January 2, 2019
The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise by Dan Gemeinhart Read March 21, 2019



Blended by Sharon Draper  Read January 23, 2019
Dry by Neal Shusterman Read January 12, 2019
The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti Read January 21, 2019


The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Iturbe
The Third Mushroom by Jennifer Holm Read May 28, 2019
A Very Large Expanse of See by Tahereh Mafi


Happy New Year and Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. After Zero, Third Mushroom, and Resistance are somewhere in my pile of books and yet to be read. Front Desk, Coyote Sunrise, and Blended are books I really enjoyed. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We share a couple of books on the list, Leigh Anne, and you do have more I'd love to read. Argh, How to get them all read is a challenge. FYI, I loved The Librarian of Auschwitz, Thunderhead & Resistance, really want especially to read The 57 Bus! Congrats on your master's achievement, a big deal! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 57 Bus is one I still talk about all of the time. I learned a lot in that book. Mason Buttle is such a special title. Really loved that one. Congratulations on your Masters and happy reading in 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember feeling the same way about finishing a Masters, congrats on the achievement but also on reclaiming time! I loved a few from your list last year: After Zero, Resistance, The Third Mushroom and Thunderhead were among my favourites of 2018. We have some books in common too, as I am not quite finished my list but Dry and The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise will be on it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neal Shusterman is causing quite a stir in my household! Everyone is watching my Mr. read Scythe, because we all want a turn. One person has read it! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing the Masters. I just read A Very Large Expanse of Sea yesterday and enjoyed it. The Front Desk is fabulous. The 57 Bus packs a punch, but is so worth reading. I have Blended on my list for this year also. Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many fabulous books on your list! I have some of the same ones, but others are new to me. I'm especially looking forward to The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise by Dan Gemeinhahrt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trying to post this again.... Google didn't like it the first time around :(
    I can't wait to hear about your thoughts on Mr. Shusterman's books.... I am anxiously awaiting The Toll... no publishing date as of yet! And you'll love meeting Coyote Sunrise. Just finished that one! Happy 2019 reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have several titles on our "must read" list in common. I also keep forgetting to check out The 57 Bus -- hope to squeeze that in this year. I'm just now starting Shusterman's Scythe series this spring, so I'm super excited about that. I enjoyed several titles on your list -- The Librarian of Auschwitz was haunting, but so good. Have a great 2019 and I'll look forward to checking in during updates!

    ReplyDelete