A new year always brings new goals, or at least thoughts about what we want to accomplish. Many reading communities that I belong to create reading challenges. I love creating reading lists because it gives me a plan. Now I want a writing plan, which is the reason for #letswrite2019.
Here is my writing plan for 2019. I know I will not accomplish everything, and I know I will wrtie many other pieces not mentioned here. But it is a plan, and it will help keep me focused and guide me throughout the year.
- Write at least 100 blog posts.
- Rethink the purpose of my blog and write more about literacy for literacy teachers.
- Explore more professional opportunities.
- Open my eyes to the small things around me and write more poetry.
- Keep a writer's notebook.
- Complete the Slice of Life March Challenge.
- And now for the biggie - I have wanted to write a professional book, even if no one ever reads it! My goal is to write an outline and look into the publishing process.
That's it! Seven areas that I want to explore, improve, and expand in my own writing life.
If you would like to join #letswrite2019, check out this post.
Let's Write in 2019!