Tuesday, January 1, 2019

My Writing List for 2019


A new year always brings new goals, or at least thoughts about what we want to accomplish.  Many reading communities that I belong to create reading challenges. I love creating reading lists because it gives me a plan. Now I want a writing plan, which is the reason for #letswrite2019.

Here is my writing plan for 2019. I know I will not accomplish everything, and I know I will wrtie many other pieces not mentioned here.  But it is a plan, and it will help keep me focused and guide me throughout the year.

  • Write at least 100 blog posts.
  • Rethink the purpose of my blog and write more about literacy for literacy teachers.
  • Explore more professional opportunities. 
  • Open my eyes to the small things around me and write more poetry.
  • Keep a writer's notebook.
  • Complete the Slice of Life March Challenge.
  • And now for the biggie - I have wanted to write a professional book, even if no one ever reads it!  My goal is to write an outline and look into the publishing process.
That's it!  Seven areas that I want to explore, improve, and expand in my own writing life.

If you would like to join #letswrite2019, check out this post.

Let's Write in 2019!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is fantastic! You've given me my next blog post topic...creating a writing plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Leigh Anne go! YOU are a writer. Let me know if there's anything I can do to uplift you as a writer this year.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting plan! And how wonderful you are taking steps to write a professional book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excitement mounts as your writing list becomes a reality, Leigh Anne.

    ReplyDelete