It is April, and I am joining many others in celebrating National Poetry Month. This month many people turn to their gardens and landscapes and play in the dirt. I'd rather do a little playing with words. This month I will be creating found poems by taking words, phrases, and lines from other texts and rearranging them into a "literary collage" with a whole new meaning.
Welcome to Poetry Friday. Christie has the round-up and the lines for the Progressive Poem.
Check out all the poetry goodness on her blog Wandering and Wondering.
Today I share a special poem. Back in mid-March when we first learned that we would be teaching remotely, I created a Padlet for students to publish poems. Very few students have participated, but some have been brave and have shared their words.
Today I share two of Elliot's poems. In this first poem, she wrote the words and found the picture of the mirror. I created the digital image with the poem. I like the playfulness of seeing our reflections in the mirror, almost peek-a-boo-ish.
Elli also wrote one about cats. In this poem I like how she used the repetition of I and how the poem is told from the cat's perspective. It also has a nonconformist, e.e. cummings style to it with her use of the uncapitalized I.
I am sure that Elli would graciously love to have some feedback on her two poems if you would be so willing to drop her a line or two in the comments. I know her teacher would appreciate it too!
Check out Christie's line she chose from Ruth, and her lines she leaves for Amy.
1. Donna Smith at Mainely Write
3. Jone MacCulloch at deowriter
4. Liz Steinglass
5. Buffy Silverman
6. Kay McGriff at A Journey Through the Pages
7. Catherine Flynn at Reading to the Core
8. Tara Smith at Going to Walden
9. Carol Varsalona at Beyond Literacy Link
10. Matt Forrest Esenwine at Radio, Rhythm, and Rhyme
11. Janet Fagel hosted at Reflections on the Teche
12. Linda Mitchell at A Word Edgewise
13. Kat Apel at Kat Whiskers
14. Margaret Simon at Reflections on the Teche
15. Leigh Anne Eck at A Day in the Life
16. Linda Baie at Teacher Dance
17. Heidi Mordhorst at My Juicy Little Universe
18. Mary Lee Hahn at A Year of Reading
19. Tabitha at Opposite of Indifference
20. Rose Capelli at Imagine the Possibilities
21. Janice Scully at Salt City Verse
22. Julieanne Harmatz at To Read, To Write, To Be
23. Ruth at There is no such thing at a God-forsaken town
24. Christie Wyman at Wondering and Wandering
25. Amy at The Poem Farm
26. Dani Burtsfield at Doing the Work that Matters
27. Robyn Hood Black at Life on the Deckle Edge
29. Fran at lit bits and pieces
20. Michelle Kogan