It is April, and I am joining many others in celebrating National Poetry Month. This month many people turn to their gardens and landscapes and play in the dirt. I'd rather do a little playing with words. This month I will be creating found poems by taking words, phrases, and lines from other texts and rearranging them into a "literary collage" with a whole new meaning.
When I started this month's challenge of "Finding Poetry," I knew I was going to use the words from magazines to write my poems. But I also wanted to look for other sources, too.
Today's found poem comes from a tweet from Jen Greene that I found on Twitter yesterday. When I read it, the words were already metaphorical. I took the words and created a haiku with them.
So many people, including my own family, are working puzzles to pass the time at home during the COBID-19 crisis. And I know people are also trying to keep families together while apart and trying to glue the pieces together.
This seems to be our current metaphor for life, doesn't it?
And the progressive poem continues with Buffy Silverman.
1. Donna Smith at Mainely Write
2. Irene Latham at Live Your Poem
3. Jone McCulloch at deowriter
4. Liz Steinglass
5. Buffy Silverman
6. Kay McGriff at A Journey Through the Pages
7. Catherine Flynn at Reading to the Core
8. Tara Smith at Going to Walden
9. Carol Varsalona at Beyond Literacy Link
10. Matt Forrest Esenwine at Radio, Rhythm and Rhyme
11. Janet Fagel hosted at Reflections on the Teche
12. Linda Mitchell at A Word Edgewise
13. Kat Apel at Kat Whiskers
14. Margaret Simon at Reflections on the Teche
15. Leigh Anne Eck at A Day in the Life
16. Linda Baie at Teacher Dance
17. Heidi Mordhorst at My Juicy Little Universe
18. Mary Lee Hahn at A Year of Reading
19. Tabitha at Opposite of Indifference
20. Rose Capelli at Imagine the Possibilities
21. Janice Scully at Salt City Verse
22. Julieanne Harmatz at To Read, To Write, To Be
23. Ruth at There is no such thing at a God-forsaken town.
24. Christie Wyman at Wondering and Wandering
25. Amy at The Poet Farm
26. Dani Burtsfield at Doing the Work that Matters
27. Robyn Hood Black at Life on the Deckle Edge
29. Fran at lit bits and pieces
20. Michelle Kogan