Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Morning Treat - December Tanka Riddle #29

Back in early December, I was inspired by a post from my wonderful blogging buddy, LeAnn Carpenter, also known as Elsie.  After reading it, I knew I wanted to use her words for one of my December haiku because many of her lines were the perfect syllable count. 

To change things up a bit, I wanted to write a riddleku, taken from Laura Purdie Salas, where the poem is written from the point of view of an object or animal.  The reader tries to guess "what" has written the poem.

The only problem with using Elsie's post, was that I needed more syllables than a traditional haiku, so it is now a tanka.  Or should I say, a tanka riddle?  Read the poem and then scroll down to see if you correctly solved the riddle!


freckled with age spots
to the point of no return; 
I'm saved by retreating hands
only to be turned into 
a delightful morning treat


What am I?

©Leigh Anne Eck, 2015







Banana Muffins!

Pictures taken by LeAnn Carpenter.  Click here to read her post.

I just realized I did not follow the tanka line/syllables rule! Oh well, I kind of like it the way it is!

3 comments:

  1. That is fabulous! I love the double meaning of "retreating hands." Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Leigh Anne! I love the way you lead the reader astray. I am honored you were able to give "new life" to words and photos. 😃

    ReplyDelete