Thursday, December 31, 2015

Must Read in 2015 Comes to an End


Two years ago Carrie Gelson of There's a Book for That started a must read list and link up. It consisted of a list of books that we didn't read in the current year but wanted to read in the following year.  My first year my list was much too long.

This year my list was shorter, and I was surprisingly much more successful ~ I finished eight out of my ten books listed, but read two complete trilogies.  You can read my original post here. 


Sometimes I wonder why I participate in reading challenges.  The first answer and the only answer for me is that sharing books makes my reading experiences even better!  So many times when I finish a book, the first thing I want to do is talk about it.  I never lack for a listener because of my connected reading groups.  So, thank you friends for listening, for sharing, and for reading with me.

Here are my top two, or should I say top six in my Must Read in 2105 list!



The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer Nielsen

I chose this series because 2014 was my first year teaching 6th grade, and I knew I needed to start reading books for this upper grade level.  This series was so amazingly intense, I finished it before March.  It also introduced me to a new-to-me author, Jennifer A. Nielsen.  If you have not read anything by her, I highly suggest you change that soon.  A Night Divided, also written by her, is another excellent choice.



My Life Is a Zoo by Jess Keating

How to Outrun a Crocodile was on my list because it was the January pick for the Virtual Book Club, an online monthly book club/chat hosted by Niki Ohs Barnes (@daydreeamreader) and Beth Panageotou (@epan11).

I liked the first one so much that I read this whole series too. Ana, the main character is one of my favorite characters of 2015.  I would love to have her as a student and would have loved to have her as a friend when I was in middle school.  This is just a fun series to read!

I hope you consider joining Carrie, me and many other bloggers for Must Read in 2016!  Look for the link-up on January 5th.  Check out her blog here for everyone's final update for 2015.

Here is the lineup for the Virtual Book Club titles selected for 2016.  You might just find a few more to add to your Must Read list!


Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. I love that you read series for this update - so great to follow characters! I am so happy to have you be part of this community Leigh Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Ascendance Trilogy too. Would like to next read Marie Lu's new trilogy that has begun. Happy Reading in 2016, Leigh Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the six books that were among your favorites! I have not read The Maze Runner and need to add it to next year's list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Leigh Ann! I am another fan of the Ascendance Trilogy! LOVED those books. I also found the My Life Is a Zoo series to be a lot of fun, and my students eat it up! You had some really good books on your list. About the Virtual Book Club-- I think I intended to do that last year, and then lost track of it. Do you have some information explaining it for 2016? I'm adding the titles I haven't read from that list to my 2016 list! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete