It's Saturday night as I write this, and I am staring at a blank screen with no ideas and no slices written ahead of time, which I tend to do.
I am a little sad because it is my last night of spring break. The weather this week was pretty crappy, and I realized about mid-week that I had the wrong date for our state testing on our planning calendar and had to cut five days of instruction. Not exactly how I wanted my week to go.
To try and turn disappointment into something positive, I decided to name the 10 best things from this week.
- staying up late--I'm a night owl and can't do this during the school week.
- not setting my alarm.
- making bookmarks and sending some out to friends far away.
- trying a new technique splattering ink on my collages and liking it.
- having a clean house.
- shopping with my daughter Megan--and actually finding something!
- watching basketball games.
- the sun warming things up enough to grill today.
- playing online Euchre with my sister and nephew who live in Tennessee.
- starting a new writing community called Solace & Connection that is centered around nature! (You are welcome to check it out and join us!)
Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we