Saturday, June 10, 2023

Solace & Connection {7}


     

Welcome to this week's nature-inspired invitation to write and connect. Each week, I will post a round-up, and you just need to write your blog post and link up at the bottom of my post. I leave a little inspiration each week, but you are free to write about nature:  prose, poetry, images, or anything else you would like to share. 

This week's inspiration comes from The Curious Nature Guide by Clare Walker Leslie where she encourages us to take a night walk. "Let your eyes and mind adjust to being out after dark. How do the smells, sounds, and colors of night differ from those of daytime? Which of your senses feel most alive?"

I hope you take some time this week to take a night walk and spend some time with the night sky. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When my children were younger, we would always try to be the one to see the first firefly of the season. Now that they are adults, I still text them when I see my first one. This past week, I was sitting on my back porch, and it was dark. Although I have seen a few fireflies, they have not been in abundance yet. 

I looked over in the line of white pines, and the fireflies were putting on an early show. There were only a few, but they were dancing with partners and entertaining me with their lights. I wrote a cherita, a poem consisting of a one-line stanza followed by a two and three lined stanza and also tells a story.

Fireflies 

waltzing with their partners
between the white pines,

perform against 
the dark curtain of nighttime
in three-quarter time.

Image by Monika from Pixabay


<

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. I love your firefly tradition. So sweet. With school until the end of June, I am taking a little break this month. But I would love to connect in July! Thank you for sharing at SOS.

    ReplyDelete