Saturday, March 9, 2024

5-4-3-2-1 Weekly Reflection 9/31

Sometimes I like to end my week with a 5-4-3-2-1 Friday reflection in my notebook. It gives me a chance to look back and count the blessings in my week and to look forward to the weekend. This is also a great way to find slice possibilities!

5 things that made me smile:

  • reading aloud to students
  • connecting with former slicers
  • listening to Elvis with Mom
  • buying house stuff with Megan
  • reading a book

4 words to describe my week:

  • deadline
  • rainy
  • book-ish
  • spring-like

3 plans for the weekend:

  • spend time with Ethan
  • move Megan in to Mom's house
  • Gena's surprise party

2 things I learned:

  • middle schoolers still like to be read to
  • it's ok to ask for help

1 goal for next week:

  • survive the week before Spring Break

Here is a picture of my notebook page--minus two of the words to describe my week that I forgot to finish before I took the picture! 



For those of you who focus on counting your blessings, have you heard this song? I listen to this song every day at school before my day begins.


Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we 
share a slice of life during the month of March. 


7 comments:

  1. This is a great reflection tool. It gives us a chance to look back on the week that was and also plan for the future. arjeha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is the third 5-4-3-2-1 I'v read in the last couple of weeks. They each have made me smile and made me think about making it weekly routine. I love that you got to connect with your MOM through Elvis. I hope it made her smile also. I'm sending positive vibes and blessings to you for the week before Spring Break. YOU GOT THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot going on, my friend, and some special moments that make you smile. Thank you for the reminder of this reflection. I will do this next week. I am listening to the song as I write this. It is wonderful. Thank you for sharing it and a picture of your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I read your post today. I love this approach to capturing your week. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful song and your writing notebook to illustrate your 5,4,3,2,1 technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good point- the reflection can lead to a Slice. Now I have a place to look for ideas. Listened to the song and absolutely love it- added it to my playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leigh Anne, I so love the handwriting in your notebook. I liked the two missing words you added--book-ish and spring-like. They make me smile for some reason. I'm going to have to try this 5-4-3-2-1 some week. (But I like that you do it regularly.) Thanks for sharing the song that you listen to. It's lovely. (By the way, I posted some photos of the inside pages of my recent junk journals today.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this format! Thank you for including the notebook page as well. Always fun to see other people's handwriting!

    ReplyDelete