Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Poetry Challenge #7 - Moonlight

Margaret and Julianne have both written Fibonacci poems this month.  Today I decided to try one.  A Fibonacci poem is based on a series of numbers where the next number is found by adding up the two numbers before it.  For example, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8...

The
moon
rises
a crescent
casting night shadows 
playing hide-and-seek with the clouds
as I sleepily wait for my dreams to say goodnight.

Thank you to my fellow bloggers for letting me come along for the ride on this poetry playground.  It is much more fun when you are writing, sharing, and learning together.  For more poetry fun, check out these blogs from Linda, Margaret, Michelle, Julianne, and Cathy.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you tried the Fib poem. I enjoy a structure that allows for topic freedom and no rhyming! The image of the moon telling you goodnight is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Leigh Anne. As I said on twitter, am teaching a lesson about fibs tomorrow-hope you don't mind if I use yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh Anne,
    "Playing hide-and-seek with the clouds." What a fun image! I may have to try one of these. I love the moon and moon poems.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete