Thursday, September 11, 2014

Reflective Teaching Challenge - My Favorite Part of the Day



Two days in a row - I am on a roll.  Find more information here on how you can join other teachers for September Reflections hosted by Teach Thought.

September 11 - What is your favorite part of the school day and why?

have thought a lot about this reflection.  I first started to write my favorite part was before the day starts because it gives me time to think about the day ahead.  

Then I realized this was the time when I feel the most helpless.  There are too many unknowns, too many unanswered questions and too many fears which make me apprehensive.

It is at the end of the day when I can stop and think about how our day went and how being a teacher really did make a difference.

I can think about that student who didn't understand a concept and how I made a plan for better understanding tomorrow.

I can think about that student who blew up today and how I helped him to problem solve and control his feelings.

I can think about that student who will go home to abuse but know that she felt safe and loved today in my classroom.

I can think about how that lesson I switched at the last minute because I was going to be observed went better than expected and wonder how I can piggyback on that learning.

I can think about almost tripping over a stool and how I saw one of my students smile for the first time.

Yes, at the end of the day, I can smile and feel blessed that tomorrow I get to come back and do it all over again.

1 comment: