Thursday, March 28, 2019

Hello there... #SOL19


I am participating in the Two Writing Teachers Annual March Slice of Life Story Challenge.  

The end of the month is approaching, and slice ideas are dwindling, and time today is running out. I am returning to an old stand-by.


i am without a slice
i keep thinking inspiration is going to hit
i wish I had a story tonight and not a list
i love my new notebook (but have not written a single word in it yet!)
i dance - never
i sing only when no one is around
i think my reading life is reaching a flow once again
i really want to go to bed (but I'm watching March Madness!)
i should be working on a slide for tomorrow's lesson
i can use today's minilesson in my own writing -- parentheses and dashes!
i like having a weekend coming up with my sister from Tennessee
i make my fingers dance on the keyboard
i always appreciate the writing that comes from not having anything to write about

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Leigh Anne! Some writing is better than none and we are in the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Leigh Anne! You did Slice about life today using a format that everyone can be successful with. Do you keep a list of stand-bys to refer to as needed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this format:) I haven't used it for awhile, so I'm glad that you reminded me of it. I want to watch my Wahoos tonight, but I don't know if I'll be able to stay awake. I also loved your last line. I will have to add that to my quotes page in my bullet journal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really fun, what a good idea to have a standby when you're stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dance never sounds about right to me! I had bookmarked this format from Aggie Kesler's blog earlier in the month and pulled it out today before I saw yours! It's a good one for later in the month when ideas are dwindling.... I also love those pieces of writing that come when I feel like I have nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete