Saturday, April 4, 2015

Celebrate Turn #10 - Anaphora


April is National Poetry Month, and I am celebrating with many other bloggers by writing and sharing poetry.  Please check out the hashtag #digipoetry on Twitter to find more poems written by  writers in our blogging community. 



My post today is serving double duty because I am also celebrating with Ruth Ayres.

Last year I tried the technique called anaphora which according to Margaret Simon is the repetition of a word or a group of words at the beginning of successive phrases.  This may be breaking the rules a little, but I liked this layout better with my repetition of verbs.

I celebrate 31 days of writing 
           ~ sharing stories, sharing words
I celebrate caps and gowns 
           ~ looking back, moving on
I celebrate new life
           ~ sprouting green, shining sun
I celebrate 145 days of teaching 
           ~ building relationships, learning with others
I celebrate reflection 
            ~ making changes, growing along the way

Have a wonderful week filled with poetry and celebrations!

11 comments:

  1. I love that last line: "I celebrate reflection ~ making changes, growing along the way." So important!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a happy time ahead Leigh Anne. I hope everything goes beautifully for you & the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with all of the writing everyone is doing - all of the poetry and SOLC posts. Impressive! You must have learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reminding me of this form! I love the way you used it. So perfect. You should be celebrating the growth and learning you've done. I'm so impressed with your leap to 7th. That was (is) scary but you have done this and more this year. Bravo Leigh Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheering to you as you continue writing daily. Cheering double for poetry. Did you see that #TeacherPoets is starting again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This line is perfect for Easter weekend:

    I celebrate new life
    ~ sprouting green, shining sun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leigh Anne, you are making me happy with your celebratory poem. We continually grow as writers with each new turn of the word.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you turned your celebrations into a poem!
    So many things to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was in such a funk today...I had to wait to comment on this poem. It is SO beautiful!!! I am learning so much from you on this poetry adventure. I'm so glad you asked the question. Have I told you that I admire that about you Leigh Anne?!?! You ask the questions!!! I celebrate that we are on this writing adventure together!!! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!!! I have not seen that type before - I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I love the way you celebrate the small stuff and the big stuff. Plus, the growth that comes with reflecting and changing.

    ReplyDelete