Monday, April 6, 2015

Riddle-ku


April is National Poetry Month, and I am celebrating with many other bloggers by writing and sharing poetry.  Please check out the hashtag #digipoetry on Twitter to find more poems written by  writers in our blogging community. 

Today I am trying a riddle-ku which has the traditional 5-7-5 syllable count, but is written from the point of view of an object or animal.  The reader tries to guess "what" has written the poem. Last year, Laura Purdie Salas wrote a riddle-ku a day for the month of April.  Check out her site to get ideas and resources for teaching riddle-kus.  These are so much fun to write for me and my students.  So read this riddle and scroll down to find the answer.


I don't sing or dance
I'm the life of the party
by mixing it up











Chex Party Mix

4 comments:

  1. My students really like playing with Riddle-ku. LPSalas' site is a wealth of poetry ideas. Let's mix it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm! So cute and fun. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Hehehe. I'm so happy when I see teachers trying out riddle-ku in their classrooms. (And the fact that I love chex mix is not influencing me at all. Nope.)

    ReplyDelete